integraMate® | Hyperboloid Contact Systems
QA Technology integraMate® Contacts are high quality, high reliability hyberboloid contacts intended for use in a wide range of applications.
Our patented design provides lower insertion force, closer connector pin spacing, and better protection from damage than competitive designs.
In addition, our automated manufacturing equipment typically allows us to ship within 24–48 hours of order.
- Medical & Dental Equipment
- Scientific Instruments
- Industrial Equipment
- ATE Interfaces
- Transportation Equipment
- Military & Aerospace
- Telecommunications & Data Communications
Hyperboloid Socket Construction Details
The core of QA’s design is the socket sub-assembly. The photo below shows an end-view of the contact entrance, as well as cross-sections of the two crimp joints.
Hyperboloid Contact System has three clear advantages over existing hyperboloid contacts:
- Lower and more uniform insertion and extraction force
- Smaller contact diameter allows closer spacing and higher connector density
- Better protection of the hyperbolic wire cage from accidental damage, since the cage lies behind a strong tubular entrance
Features and Benefits
- Low insertion/extraction force
- Low resistance
- Long cycle life
- Resistance to shock and vibration*
- Positive wiping action
- Easy contact removal using available extraction tool
- Small external contact diameter compared to other hyperboloid contacts allowing closer spacing
- Tubular entrance to protect spring wire cage and guide mating
- Intermates with other hyperboloid contacts known in the industry
Contacts have been tested while installed in integraMate circular connectors for resistance to vibration,
shock, humidity, and corrosion. For details and test results, please contact QA.